Schedule an Academic Coaching Session
An academic coach can help you plan a path toward academic success, with effective personalized learning strategies.
Coaching sessions often include personalized techniques to help you:
take notes, study and learn more effectively
remember what you read
take exams in a more productive way
lessen test anxiety
manage your time
- learn best in specific courses
Academic Empowerment Mini-Sessions
These 30-minute small group sessions, which start October 2nd, have limited seating and will focus on learning strategies.
- Study Skills - Do you sit down to study and not know what to do? Would you like to make your study time more effective?
- Test Taking - Do you study but feel your test grades don’t reflect your effort? Do you experience test anxiety and blank out on tests?
- Time Management - Do you find yourself procrastinating or wonder where your time has gone?
Our Academic Coaching Team
*Please schedule an appointment through our online system. If you do not find an available time that works in your schedule, please call 225-578-2872 or stop by the CAS office in B-31 Coates Hall for assistance.
- Nanette Cheatham, Assistant Director
- Pam Ball, Program Manager
- Corey Fitzgerald, Graduate Assistant
- Ashley Segalla, Graduate Assistant
- Katherine Wolf, Graduate Assistant